Please Join the City of Boise Parks and Recreation, Land Trust of the Treasure Valley and the Boise River Enhancement Network for a Community Open House – Habitat Enhancement at the Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve
Come early and visit information displays about Deer Flat National Wildlife Refuge, Firewise Landscaping, Idaho Weed Awareness Campaign, Intermountain Bird Observatory, Golden Eagle Audubon Society, the Community Native Plant Nursery, Hyatt Hidden Lakes Reserve and more.
- Presentations will begin at 6:00 pm and include:
- Eric Willadsen welcome and review program and give very brief overview of the project.
- Jim Wyllie, City of Boise
- Roger Rosentreter,“Baskets, Cough Syrup, Chewing Gum and More – Traditional Uses of Plants of the Hyatt Reserve.”
- Martha Brabec, City of Boise Open Space Restoration Specialist, details of the Hyatt Reserve Habitat Enhancement Plan focused on problems with non-native plants.
- Conner Jackson, presentation on russian olive
- Eric Willadsen – how you can get involved. Weed warriors, volunteer work days and more
Parents! The Boise WaterShed library/game area and exhibits will be open during the Open House.